WELCOME

Always dusting, always vacuuming up crumbs. Ah, the life of a mom. I have so many things on my mind and I figured why not blog! It will be honest, sometimes funny and it will be raw.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

OKC - The Land of Misfit Boys

Yesterday's blog was about how I became single.  I've decided I'm not going to go into too much detail about my 2 relationships after my ex-husband.  

The first I rushed into because I was devastated at my marriage being over and 14 months into that relationship, I got a wake-up call!  The sad thing is, I never felt love like that before and even though it was a roller coaster ride, he taught me how I need to be loved.


The second I met on OKC, 2 weeks after the first relationship ended.  I know you are thinking "whoa."  It wasn't meant to be a relationship, just a casual fling.  I just wanted to go out and have fun.  The more time I spent with this man though, the more I started to fall and fall hard.  Rule #1 for single women, keep that heart under wraps!  I'm good at giving advice, but not taking it.  I had a wonderful summer with him.  4 months later, he "friend zoned" me.  So many things ran through my head.....I'm not pretty enough, I'm not skinny enough, he hates my boys......and the list goes on.  I realized it doesn't matter why he did it, he did it and I had to move on.  


I'm a good person.  I'm genuine, caring, funny, compassionate.....I have a lot to offer a man.  The trick is finding a man who is worthy of my love.  Yep, I said worthy!  I'm tired of playing the dating game.  Frankly, it sucks!!!


A friend of mine met a great guy on OKCupid and suggested I join after the first relationship ended.  M, you had a stroke of good luck.  The men on OKC here in PA are a joke!  Let me tell you about some of the ones I chatted with.


H - The Iranian.  Works at Lockheed Martin.  Lives in DE.  Looking for a wife (probably to stay in the U.S. although he said he had citizenship) and she had to like to travel. Chatted with him a few weeks.  Told me he was going to look for a job at a University close to me.  WHOA!  Slow down.  He told me I could be Queen except in the bedroom.  He wanted me to be subservient to him at all times in the bedroom.  LMFAO!   

          
T - he just wants sex

R - seemed very nice, we chatted for a few days, met him for lunch and that was that.  Total creep!


K - another that just wants sex


M - we met the first time I was on OKC and when he saw I was back we started chatting again.  Nice man.  Great job.  Seemed like he had his act together.  Wanted our first meeting to be at a motel with him and his other girlfriend.  WTF?

J - was trying to steer clear of men whose name started with J.  Very charming.  Has kids around the ages of my boys.  Funny as hell.  He is looking for the same things I am looking for in a relationship but he has one twist.  He wants someone who will go to the nudist camp in our area and swing with other couples.

W- I actually didn't meet him on a dating site.  Knew him from school.  He is now single and it didn't take long to find out why. It's not all about you! 

M - this guy takes the cake!  Very Italian.  Lives in NJ, works in NYC.  Kids are grown. Plays a smooth game.  Tells me he has a transvestite that he likes to have sex with on occasion and wants to know if I would be into something like that?  ROFLMFAO!!!  um, NO!

I deleted my OKC account and POF (Plenty of Fish) months ago.  Same men on both.  I have been taking time to reflect on my life and now I know exactly what I want and need.  The trick is getting it.  Time will tell!

~Chel

  

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! You need to take some "you" time!!!! You don't need to get involved with those people online. Some were comical but, not how I imagined your next man being like!!!! I'm still trying to figure out who "W" is!!!! LOL!!!! Your Price Charming is out there somewhere. He may be standing in line with you one day or somewhere you will least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I will send you a private message on FB and tell you who "W" is.

    ReplyDelete